All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost everyone kws an explosive child, one whose frequent, severe fits of temper leave his or her parents standing helpless in their fear, frustration, and guilt. Most of these parents have tried everything-reasoning, behavior modification, therapy, medication-but to avail. They wonder if their child is deviant or just plain bad. Dr. Ross Greene, a distinguished clinician and pioneer in this field, has worked with thousands of explosive children, and he has good news: these kids aren't bad, and neither are their parents. Rather, explosive children suffer from a physiological deficiency in frustration tolerance and flexibility. Throughout this compassionate book, Dr. Greene demonstrates why traditional treatments don't work for these kids and offers a new conceptual framework for understanding their behavior, along with new language to describe it. He explains the latest neuroscience findings about the importance of flexibility, and, most important, he shows parents specific, practical ways they can recognize the signs of an impending explosion, defuse tension, and reduce frustration levels for the entire family.
- Author BiographyRoss W. Greene, Ph.D., is the originator of the Collaborative & Proactive Solutions (CPS) model described in this book, an approach he has researched extensively, along with colleagues throughout the world. Dr. Greene served on the faculty at Harvard Medical School for over 20 years, and is currently Founding Director of the non-profit Lives in the Balance and adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at Virginia Tech. He consults extensively to families, schools, and therapeutic facilities and lectures widely internationally. Vast free resources on the CPS approach can be found on the Lives in the Balance website (www.livesinthebalance.org).
- Author(s)Ross W. Greene
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- jumpskiphop9923 Mar, 2017by
This book changed my life.
Highly recommend this book to anyone with an "explosive" or"challenging" child. Gave me a completely different perspective on how to handle situations and an approach that actually works!! Best parenting book I've ever read. Cannot recommend enough.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.27
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48