All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis resource comprises a collection of accessible, flexible, tried-and-tested activities for use with people in a range of care settings, to help them explore their kwledge of themselves and to make sense of their experiences. Among the issues addressed by the activities are exploring physical changes, emotional trauma, interpersonal problems and spiritual dilemmas. Featuring individual and group activities of varying difficulty, including card making, painting to music, meditation, and body mapping, it also includes real-life anecdotes that bring the techniques to life. The Expressive Arts Activity Book is full of fun, easy, creative ideas for workers in hospitals, clinics, schools, hospices, spiritual and religious settings, and in private practice.
- Author BiographySuzanne Darley has worked in arts and education for over 30 years. She holds an MA in East-West Psychology and is a certified Expressive Arts Educator. She has worked in primary health care settings for three years at the Marin General Hospital, Greenbrae, California, and California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco and is currently teaching at San Francisco Waldorf High School. Wende Heath is a Clinical Therapist, a board certified Art Therapist and a registered Expressive Arts Therapist with over twenty years of therapeutic and art experience in a variety of healthcare settings. She developed and directed the Expressive Arts Program for the Institute of Health and Healing at Marin General Hospital, Greenbrae, California, and California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. She is a consultant for the Society for the Arts in Healthcare and is an Arts and Culture commissioner for the city of Richmond, California.
- Author(s)Suzanne Darley,Wende Heath
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication16/11/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Darley
- Foreword byGene D. Cohen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.