All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe extent of Christ's atoning work on the cross is one of the most divisive issues in evangelical Christianity. In <i>The Extent of the Atonement: A Historical and Critical Review</i>, David L. Allen makes a biblical, historical, theological, and practical case for a universal atonement. Through a comprehensive historical survey, Allen contends that universal atonement has always been the majority view of Christians, and that even among Calvinist theologians there is a considerable range of views. Marshalling evidence from Scripture and history, and critiquing arguments for a limited atonement, Allen affirms that an unlimited atonement is the best understanding of Christ's saving work. He concludes by showing that an unlimited atonement provides the best foundation for evangelism, missions, and preaching.
- Author Biography<b>David L. Allen </b>served as dean of the School of Theology at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, TX, for 12 years and is currently dean of the School of Preaching, distinguished professor of preaching, George W. Truett Chair of Ministry, and director of the Center for Biblical Preaching at Southwestern.
- Author(s)David L Allen
- PublisherB&H Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintB&H Publishing Group
- Weight1678 g
- Width180 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.45Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.