All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe book analyses the attitudes of n-EU countries towards European integration in historical and contemporary perspectives. The authors study a range of actors in Europe and beyond to explain the impact of the creation of the European Communities on the international system and how the EU is perceived in the world. The book further shows the significance of the institutional interplay within the EU, and between EU institutions, member states and external actors led by their own internal dynamics to explain policy outcomes. It investigates to what extent the perceptions of the international community towards the European Communities and the EU have been influenced by the complexity of their decision-making and the difficulty of reconciling the views of member states on key external relations issues. The authors also study the interplay of n-EU countries and the EU within the broader context of international and regional institutions and forums for international cooperation.
- Author BiographyPascaline Winand teaches at Monash University in Australia and at the Institute for European Studies of the Universite libre de Bruxelles, Belgium. She holds a Jean Monnet Chair in International Relations and European Integration. She has published widely on EU external relations, including on US-EU and India-EU relations, and has a particular interest in comparative regionalism. Andrea Benvenuti is a Senior Lecturer in European Studies and International Relations at the University of New South Wales. His current research projects include Italy and the Eurozone crisis, Sino-American relations from 1940 to the present, and Australia and the Western alliance in Cold War Asia. Max Guderzo is Professor of the History of International Relations and Jean Monnet Chair of the History of European Unification at the School of Political Science Cesare Alfieri , University of Florence, and Research Co-ordinator of the Machiavelli Inter-University Centre for Cold War Studies (CIMA).
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication16/12/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCite Europeenne/European Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number52
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2014
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Note14, graph, tabl
- Weight550 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAndrea Benvenuti,Max Guderzo,Pascaline Winand
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.