The Extra Ordinary Life of Frank Derrick, Age 81 by J. B. Morrison (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.00+ AU $11.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by uniquestuff111
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrank Derrick is eighty-one. And he's just been run over by a milk float. It was tough eugh to fill the hours of the day when he was active. But w he's broken his arm and fractured his foot, it looks set to be a very long few weeks ahead. Frank lives with his cat Bill (which made more sense before Ben died) in the typically British town of Fullwind-on-Sea. He watches DVDs, spends his money frivolously at the local charity shop and desperately tries to avoid cold callers continually kcking on his door. Then a breath of fresh air comes into his life in the form of Kelly Christmas, home help. With her little blue car and appalling parking, her cheerful resilience and ability to laugh at his jokes, Kelly changes Frank's extra ordinary life. She reminds him that there is a world beyond the four walls of his flat and that adventures, however small, come to people of all ages. Frank and Kelly's story is sad and funny, moving, familiar, uplifting. It is a small and perfect look at a life neither remarkable r disastrous, but completely extraordinary netheless. For fans of The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, The Extra Ordinary Life of Frank Derrick, Age 81 by J. B. Morrison is a quirky, life-affirming story that has ermous appeal. And it's guaranteed to make you laugh.
- Author BiographyBorn in London ages ago to his two parents, Frank and Jenny, J.B. Morrison is a musician and already the author of two novels - Storage Stories and Driving Jarvis Ham. Goodnight Jim Bob is an autobiographical account of his ten years as singer with punk-pop band Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine. With Carter USM J. B. Morrison had 14 top 40 singles and a number one album. He played all over the world, headlined Glastonbury and was sued by The Rolling Stones. He's also made a ton of solo albums and written the screenplay for a film. Plus he was in a musical, in 2010 at the Edinburgh Fringe. Is there no end to his talents? Yes. Everything not mentioned here. Don't ask him to put up a shelf or cook you dinner. The shelf will fall off the wall and you won't like the food.
- Author(s)J. B. Morrison
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight211 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain market ed
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.52Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.69Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.