All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfusely illustrated and engagingly written, The Eye of the Lynx uncovers a crucial episode n the development of visual representation and natural history. And perhaps as important, it offers readers a dazzling array of early modern drawings, from magnificently depicted birds and flowers to frogs in amber, monstrously misshapen citrus fruits and more.
- Author BiographyDavid Freedberg is a professor of art history and director of the Italian Academy for Advanced Studies in America at Columbia University. His books include The Power of Images: Studies in the History and Theory of Response, also published by the University of Chicago Press; The Prints of Bruegel the Elder ; Art in History, History in Art: Studies in Seventeenth-Century Dutch Culture (with Jan de Vries); Rubens: The Life of Christ after the Passion ; and Dutch Landscape Prints of the Seventeenth Century.
- Author(s)David Freedberg
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication04/11/2003
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note83 colour plates, 89 halftones
- Weight1396 g
- Width180 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.56
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.