All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRare 1931 Paris limited edition of Sir Roger l'Estrange translation, with 50 original drawings by Calder. 201 traditional fables in finest English rendition (17th century) beautifully complemented by Calder. ...a charming paperback facsimile ...wonderfully inventive drawings make a delightful, modern counterpoint... - Saturday Review.
- Author BiographyA pioneering American sculptor and artist, Alexander Calder (1898-1976) is best known for his invention of the mobile. His playful sense of humor is evident throughout his works, which range from jewelry and toys to tiny, matchbox-sized wire sculptures and grand 70-foot steel sculptures that grace plazas throughout the world.
- Author(s)Aesop,Sir Roger L'Estrange
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/1967
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleDover Fine Art, History of Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Note50 illustrations
- Weight243 g
- Width166 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)A. Calder
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Reading Age6-8
- Interest AgeUnder 6-10
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.