All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $35.58Trending at AU $38.59
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $35.72
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $14.33
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $11.30Trending at AU $13.76
About this product
- DescriptionA portrait opens a window into a person's life: who they were and wanted to be, who the artist saw - and how everyone else looked on. From the divine paintings of Elizabeth I to the iconic photograph of 'bulldog' Churchill; from Victorian portraits of dead children to Hockney's of his elderly parents; from anymous workers to the artists themselves, Simon Schama uses a stunning and surprising array of images to tell the story of the British from the Tudors to the present day. He will change the way we see Britain and each other.
- Author BiographySimon Schama is University Professor of Art History and History at Columbia University and the prize-winning author of seventeen books, including The Embarrassment of Riches, Citizens, Landscape and Memory, Rembrandt's Eyes, the History of Britain trilogy and The Story of the Jews. He is a contributing editor of the Financial Times and his award-winning television work as writer and presenter for the BBC includes the fifteen-part A History of Britain and the eight-part, Emmy-winning Power of Art.
- Author(s)Simon Schama
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Note100 full colour pictures
- Weight352 g
- Width164 mm
- Height163 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Read byRoy McMillan,Simon Schama
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time863
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.