Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.90 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs World War Two breaks over Europe, Eve Anders is already a veteran from the Spanish Civil War. But w she's called to a very different kind of action: to come home to train for the newly-formed SOE. When Eve left her home town of Portsmouth, she'd never intended to return. Poor housing, poor wages and poor opportunities forced her to make a clean break. But the experience gained as a driver in Spain, desperately fighting for the Republic, enabled her to reinvent herself and to gain a confidence and maturity far beyond her years. She has become her own woman.Which makes her a very attractive prospect in more than one sense to David Hatton, who is charged with selecting highly unusual, independent and intelligent candidates for the Special Operations Executive. This mysterious woman from his past is obviously suitable - as is her current lover, a captain from the Soviet Secret Service. For in the war that lies ahead, one thing is certain: brute force won't be eugh.
- Author BiographyBetty Burton is the author of many bestselling novels and short stories. She has also written for television and radio, and has won the Chichester Festival Theatre Award. Born in Romsey, Hampshire, she now lives in Southsea.
- Author(s)Betty Burton
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/10/2002
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width107 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.