All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Face of Truth examines in depth the Vedantic theology of Ramanuja, the most important and well-kwn of the classical Hindu theologians. Julius Lipner clearly analyzes Ramanuja's theory of sacred language and divine predication, his views on the nature of the self, God, and the relationship between infinite and finite being. In addition to offering new insights into and analyses of religious matters, The Face of Truth exposes the theology of language - the understanding of religious language and God. This is consistent with Lipner's other purpose - the furthering of inter-religious dialogue, especially between Hindu and Christian points of view. Lipner has also translated several technical Sanskrit terms into English, making his point intelligible to n-Sanskrit readers. Drawing together the complex strands of Ramanujan thought, Lipner succeeds in increasing inter-religious understanding.
- Author BiographyJulius Lipner is Lecturer in the Comparative Study of Religion at the University of Cambridge and Fellow and Tutor at St. Edmund's House, Cambridge.
- Author(s)Julius J. Lipner
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication30/03/1986
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.