Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionCharting the Allies' entry into warfare in 1914, Max Arthur tells the story in words and pictures of the new conscripted army's life through the five years of slaughter and suffering. He brilliantly conveys t only the heroism, but also the universal horror, futility, humour and boredom of warfare. From the front-line troops and the daily dice with death, to the support lines, communications, enlistment, training and propaganda, every aspect of the soldier's life is covered in this brilliant collection of images and interviews that brings the Great War to life once more.
- Author BiographyMax Arthur is rightly seen as one of Britain's leading oral historians of the Great War, collecting first-hand accounts of survivors from Britain's armed services, and allowing their stories to be told to a wider audience. He has enjoyed great success with previous books Forgotten Voices of the Great War and his most recent book Lost Voices of the Edwardians. He has now delved into the superb photographic archives of the Imperial War Museum and other collections throughout Europe and unearthed remarkable, never-before-seen images that, when married with his contemporary eyewitness accounts, truly give the reader a unique view of the horror that was World War I. Ian Hislop is the editor of political satirical magazine Private Eye, and long-time panellist on the well known television programme Have I Got News for You. He has recently presented the acclaimed series on Channel 4, Not Forgotten, tracing the myriad stories of those who survived, and were killed, in the Great War 1914-18.
- Author(s)Max Arthur
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/08/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Illustrated
- Out-of-print date11/08/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.