All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $16.34
About this product
- DescriptionLike many second sons, Hartley decides to migrate to Jamaica at the age of 23. This at first seems sensible: in the early 1800s Jamaica was the richest and most opulent of all the crown colonies, and the greatest producer of sugar in the world. But for all its wealth, Jamaica was an inhospitable place for an immigrant. The complex saga of Hartley's life is revealed in vivid scenes that depict the fluctuations of 19th-century English and Jamaican societies. The Family Mansion transports readers to exotic lands and explores the brutality of England's slavery-based colonization.
- Author BiographyAnthony C. Winkler was born in Kingston, Jamaica in 1942 and is widely recognized as one of the island's finest and most hilarious exports. His first novel, The Painted Canoe, was published in 1984 to critical acclaim. This was followed by The Lunatic (1987; Akashic Books, 2007), which was turned into a feature film, then The Great Yacht Race (1992), Going Home to Teach (1995), The Duppy (1997), Dog War (2007), and God Carlos (2012). He lives with his wife in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Author(s)Anthony C. Winkler
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Weight249 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.