All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionExplore Your German Ancestry! Follow your family tree back to its roots in Bavaria, Baden, Prussia, Hesse, Saxony, Wurttemburg and beyond. This in-depth genealogy guide will walk you step by step through the exciting journey of researching your German heritage, whether your ancestors came from lands w in modern-day Germany or other German-speaking areas of Europe, including Austria, Switzerland, and enclaves across Eastern Europe. In this book, you'll learn how to: * Retrace your German immigrant ancestors' voyage from Europe to America. * Pinpoint the precise place in Europe your ancestors came from. * Uncover birth, marriage, death, church, census, court, military, and other records documenting your ancestors' lives. * Access German records of your family from your own hometown. * Decipher German-language records, including unfamiliar German script. * Understand German names and naming patterns that offer research clues. You'll also find maps, timelines, sample records and resource lists throughout the book for quick and easy reference. Whether you're just beginning your family tree or a longtime genealogy researcher, the Family Tree German Genealogy Guide will help you conquer the unique challenges of German research and uncover your ancestors' stories.
- Author BiographyJames M. Beidler came by his German genealogy expertise honestly - it took him more than 20 years of searching to find any ancestry that wasn't from Germany! Beidler is a columnist for German Life magazine and is considered to go-to person for German genealogy articles and lectures.
- Author(s)James M. Beidler
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication28/03/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFamily Tree Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.