The Family at War: An Adams Family Saga Novel by Mary Jane Staples (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionIt was 1940, and many of the younger members of the Adams family were caught up in the war in France. Boots, w a Major and on the staff of General Sir Henry Simms, was one of the thousands of British troops trying to escape in the armada of little boats from Dunkirk. His son Tim and nephew Bobby were also struggling to reach the coast and safety, while Eloise was with the ATS awaiting the homecoming soldiers at Portsmouth with a comforting cup of tea and a ticket home. Boots and Tim both made it safely back, but of Bobby there was sign, and the family all feared the worst. In a farm some miles from Dunkirk, however, Bobby was alive but injured, and trapped by the advancing Germans. The farmer and his wife offered him refuge but Helene, the farmer's independent-minded daughter, was scathing about the retreating British army and gave the brave, joking young sergeant a hard time. Working in the fields, dodging the German soldiers, Bobby was desperately looking for a way to escape and Helene, despite her hostility, found herself increasingly anxious to help the Englishman to get back home. Their adventures were to thrill the Adams family when they came to hear about it.
- Author BiographyMary Jane Staples was born, bred and educated in Walworth. Now living in Surrey, the author is married with 3 grandchildren.
- Author(s)Mary Jane Staples
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleThe Adams Family
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Content Notefacsimiles, tables
- Weight189 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.