All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive survey of the countries of East and South-East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, along with 22 Pacific islands, fully revised to reflect current ecomic and political developments, is an essential resource for the Asia-Pacific region. New for 2015: * details of developments around the 12th successful coup in Thailand since 1932 * coverage of the parliamentary and presidential elections in Indonesia, leading to the election of Joko Widodo as the country's next President * analysis of the tensions surrounding China's territorial claims in the South and East China Seas. Calendar of Political Events A calendar of events provides a convenient reference guide to the year's main political developments General Survey Written by leading experts, this collection of essays provides incisive analysis of regional issues. Country Surveys Individual chapters on each country containing: * essays on geography, history and the ecomy * an ecomic and demographic survey of the latest available statistics on population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications and education * a comprehensive directory of names and contact details covering the most significant political, financial and commercial institutions * a country-specific bibliography. An entire section is dedicated to the Pacific islands, including specially commissioned essays examining the contemporary politics of the islands, their ecomies, security concerns and the environmental issues confronting them Regional Information * includes all major international organizations active in the region, their aims, activities, publications and principal personnel * a detailed survey of major commodities in Asia and the Pacific * a directory of research institutes specializing in the region * select bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the Asia-Pacific region * an index of regional organizations.
- Author BiographyEuropa publications have long been regarded as premier reference resources, providing authoritative political and economic data for every country and region of the world, biographical profiles of the most influential global figures in every field, including politics, science, business, academia, the arts and the media, and unrivalled access to information on universities, libraries and other academic institutions world-wide. Available in print and online, Europa's principal titles, The Europa World Year Book,The Europa Regional Surveys of the World, The International Who's Who and The Europa World of Learning, serve the contemporary research needs of students, academics and information-seekers in specialist and general reference libraries, government offices and commercial institutions in every country.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2014
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEuropa Publications Ltd
- Weight2041 g
- Width211 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byEuropa Publications
- Edition Statement46th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.