All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou won't find Grubtown on any maps. The last time any map-makers were sent anywhere near the place they were found a week later wearing thing but pages from a telephone directory, and calling for their mothers. It's certainly a town and certainly grubby - except for the squeaky clean parts - but everything else we kw about the place comes from Beardy Ardagh, town resident and author of these tales. As Beardy Ardagh reports, when the local lighthouse is plunged into darkness and a ship runs aground - flattening The Rusty Dolphin - it's hard to imagine things can get much worse in Grubtown. But then there's a jail-break and the Police Department (all three of them) need all the help they can get from the (often bonkers) townsfolk. No wonder more trouble is waiting just around the corner.
- Author BiographyPhilip 'Beardy' Ardagh is the award-winning author of the Eddie Dickens adventures, currently in over 30 languages. He wrote BBC radio's first truly interactive radio drama, collaborated with Sir Paul McCartney on his first children's book and is a 'regularly irregular' reviewer of children's books for the Guardian. Married with a son, he divides his time between Tunbridge Wells and Grubtown, where he cultivates his impressive beard.
- Author(s)Philip Ardagh
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/09/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight118 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
- Interest Agefrom 7 to 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.