All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionIt is commonly kwn that fashion is big business, yet given its global significance, little has been written on the phemen of the fashion system. Instead, books have tended to focus on dress history, although recently the discipline has taken a more theoretical turn, with a spate of books appearing that analyze the underlying forces motivating fashion. This pioneering book unites theory and practice to provide an integrated series of snapshots taken from different perspectives of the fashion business in the second half of the twentieth century. Featuring contributions by leading experts in three main areas of important debate within the industry - the theory and culture of fashion; design and industry; and image and marketing - the book will be an essential reference for students, practitioners and theoreticians. It addresses such key issues as: the relationship between culture and clothing; the intersection of fashion and modernity; the origins of glamour; the role of creativity and the power of design; the chain store challenge; the age of the thinking designer; retail concepts; and minimalism in fashion. It is certain to be required reading on fashion courses and in related disciplines, including media, cultural and consumption studies.
- Author BiographyNicola White is Acting Head of Department, Central St Martins College. Ian Griffiths is Professor of Fashion and Visiting Lecturer, Kingston University, Design Consultant MaxMara.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight493 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byIan Griffiths,Nicola White
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.