All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The emotional centre of the story is truly compelling...the sweep and scope are epic' The Herald The Father is an unforgettable, thrilling crime vel of how three brothers came to be Sweden's most wanted criminals, inspired by the unbelievable true story and written by the fourth brother. How does a child become a criminal? How does a father lose a son? An epic crime vel reminiscent of The Godfather, Heat and Shantaram, The Father is inspired by the extraordinary true story of three brothers who held Sweden to ransom, committing ten audacious bank robberies over just two years. None had committed a crime before. All were under 22 years old. All of them would be changed forever. In this intoxicating, heartbreaking thriller, the fourth brother, who was t involved in the real robberies, tells of three boys who grew from incent children to become public enemy number one - and of the man who made them that way.
- Author Biography'Anton Svensson' is a pseudonym for Stefan Thunberg and Anders Roslund. Stefan Thunberg is one of Scandinavia's most celebrated screenwriters. His body of work spans popular TV-series such as Henning Mankell's Wallander and Hakan Nesser's Van Veeteren as well as two of Sweden's biggest box office successes in recent years: Hamilton and Jagarna 2. While Thunberg achieved fame as a screenwriter, the rest of his family became infamous in an entirely different way: his father and brothers were Sweden's most notorious bank robbers, dubbed Militarligan (The Military Gang) by the media. The Father is Stefan Thunberg's debut novel. Anders Roslund is an award-winning investigative journalist and one of the most successful and critically acclaimed Scandinavian crime writers of our time. Roslund is part of the New York Times bestselling author duo Roslund & Hellstrom, who are recipients of many prestigious awards, including the CWA International Dagger, the Glass Key and the Swedish Academy of Crime Writers' Award, and who boast sales exceeding five million copies. Films and TV series based on Roslund & Hellstrom's novels are in the works, both in Hollywood and Europe. The Father is Anders Roslund's seventh novel and the first he has co-authored with Stefan Thunberg.
- PrizesLong-listed for CWA International Dagger 2016.
- Author(s)Anton Svensson
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleMade in Sweden
- Series Part/Volume NumberPart I
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight395 g
- Width133 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.48
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.