Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionBen M. Bogard was the preeminent leader of Landmark Baptists during the first half of the twentieth century. He was the personification of polemics, engaging the political, cultural, and religious issues of his day. Whether he was debating Aimee Semple McPherson, accusing J. Frank Norris of failing to preach the fundamentals of the faith, campaigning to outlaw the teaching of evolution, or condemning the ecumenical movement, Bogard never ceased defining and defending his understanding of the true Christian faith. Through his roles as pastor, newspaper editor, and deminational leader, Bogard helped create sustaining organizations that met the needs of local congregations without violating the key Landmark Baptist principle of congregational independence. He helped organize Landmark Baptists on the national level beginning in 1905, culminating in the 1925 formation of the American Baptist Association.
- Author(s)J Kristian Pratt
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Weight476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.