All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $45.29
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.75
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $12.88
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $14.39
About this product
- DescriptionPema Chodron helps us uncover and transform the fundamental beliefs that cause us to suffer so that we can increase our capacity to love ourselves and others. Pema begins her teaching by declaring, 'We live in a culture of fear and guilt, always feeling like we aren't good eugh'. She then shows the way out of this trap by revealing how the entire spiritual path is really about cultivating fearless self-acceptance. She draws on five traditional Tibetan Buddhist aphorisms to frame her teachings: 'Reveal your hidden faults' - for accepting our imperfections; 'Approach what you find repulsive' - for facing suffering with an open heart; 'Help those whom you think you cant help' - for awakening compassion; 'Anything you are attached to, give that' - for developing generosity; and, 'Go to the places that scare you' - for finding courage in all aspects of life. Pema unpacks these aphorisms and helps us understand how they can form the structure for living a more courageous life. She also holds an extensive question-and-answer session and leads guided meditation practices on overcoming shame and guilt, staying open in the face of pain, transforming our relationships with difficult people, and increasing our feelings of generosity.
- Author BiographyPema Chodron is an American Buddhist nun in the lineage of Chogyam Trungpa. She is resident teacher at Gampo Abbey in Nova Scotia, the first Tibetan monastery in North America established for Westerners. She is the author of many books and audiobooks, including the best-selling When Things Fall Apart and Don't Bite the Hook.
- Author(s)Pema Chodron
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight154 g
- Width157 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Contained items statement5 Audio items
- Running Time300
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.