All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time writings by feminists in the adult industry and research by feminist porn scholars are brought together. A collection of editors who work within feminist theory, film and erotic writing collate a thorough investigation t only into how feminists understand porgraphy, but also how feminists do porn - that is, direct, act in, produce, and consume one of the world's most lucrative and growing industries. Updates the debates of the porn wars of the 1980s, which sharply divided the women's movement.
- Author BiographyTristan Taormino is a sex educator, feminist pornographer, and the award-winning author of seven books including The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women and Opening Up. As head of Smart Ass Productions, she has directed and produced twenty-four adult films. She is the host of Sex Out Loud on The VoiceAmerica Talk Radio Network. Filmmaker and film scholar Celine Parrenas Shimizu is professor of Asian American Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Her books are Straitjacket Sexualities and The Hypersexuality of Race, winner of the 2009 Cultural Studies Book Award from the Association for Asian American Studies. Constance Penley is professor of film and media studies and co-director of the Carsey-Wolf Center, University of California, Santa Barbara. A founding editor of Camera Obscura, her work includes The Future of an Illusion: Film, Feminism, and Psychoanalysis, NASA/TREK: Popular Science and Sex in America, Teaching Pornography (forthcoming), and influential collections Feminism and Film Theory, Male Trouble, and Technoculture. Mireille Miller-Young is associate professor of feminist studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She researches and teaches about race, gender, and sexuality in popular culture and the sex industries. Her book, A Taste for Brown Sugar: Black Women, Sex Work, and Pornography (Duke University Press) examines African American women s sex work in the porn industry.
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication14/03/2012
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Weight341 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMireille Miller-Young,Tristan Taormino
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.