All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about a recently developed class of strategies, kwn as the fence methods, which fits particularly well in n-conventional and complex model selection problems with practical considerations. The idea involves a procedure to isolate a subgroup of what are kwn as correct models, of which the optimal model is a member. This is accomplished by constructing a statistical fence, or barrier, to carefully eliminate incorrect models. Once the fence is constructed, the optimal model is selected from amongst those within the fence according to a criterion which can be made flexible. In particular, the criterion of optimality can incorporate consideration of practical interest, thus making model selection a real life practice.Furthermore, this book introduces a data-driven approach, called adaptive fence, which can be used in a wide range of problems involving determination of tuning parameters, or constants. Instead of relying on asymptotic theory, the fence focuses on finite-sample performance, and computation. Such features are particularly suitable to statistics in the new era.
- Author(s)Jiming Jiang,Thuan Nguyen
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.