Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis study is the first mograph on the Scottish writer Brian McCabe. It focuses mainly on McCabe's fiction and on the elements in his writing that allow for a redefinition of individual and national identity. The book opens with an examination of the socio-cultural context that shapes McCabe's position in contemporary Scottish literature. The author goes on to consider McCabe as a writer of the Second Renaissance and the generation of the Lost Poets, and also focuses on the Scottish preoccupation with identity and its representations in the contemporary Scottish short story. Finally, she provides a chrological and thematic analysis of McCabe's short story collections The Lipstick Circus, In a Dark Room with a Stranger and A Date with my Wife, and his vel The Other McCoy.
- Author BiographyJessica Aliaga Lavrijsen is a lecturer at Centro Universitario de la Defensa de Zaragoza. She completed her PhD thesis on the work of Brian McCabe in 2010 and was then awarded a scholarship by the Saltire Society for Scottish Studies. Her main areas of research are contemporary Scottish literature and identity studies. She is also an editor at Jekyll & Jill Editores and has translated several works by Brian McCabe and published them in Spain.
- Author(s)Jessica Aliaga Lavrijsen
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication19/06/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in the History and Culture of Scotland
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight440 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.