All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn an environment where many organizations think of human capital assets as little more than expense items that impact the bottom line, this book will help human resource (HR) professionals initiate a shift toward a new culture in which management views employees as true partners in achieving organizational success. The Field Guide to Achieving HR Excellence through Six Sigma provides detailed guidance on how to utilize the Six Sigma methodology and the TLS Continuum to achieve the business model that is required to thrive in today's business environment. The book demonstrates a clear path to continuous improvement that is based on the practice of spreading quality throughout the organization so that it becomes everyone's responsibility. This book is the sequel to Achieving HR Excellence through Six Sigma. In this book, Daniel Bloom provides a road map on how to implement the concepts found in the first book. The book begins by explaining how to create an HR Center of Excellence and then provides an understanding of the define-measure-analyze-improve-control (DMAIC) process and its implementation for HR. This road map will help you determine where your organization is failing to meet the voice of the customer. The book presents proven Six Sigma solutions for initiating and sustaining organizational change as well as strategies that allow leadership to make adjustments to processes if your organization falls short of meeting the need of the customer. It includes case studies of organizations that have successfully utilized the Six Sigma methodology to improve workflow and correct HR issues including the actual project documents used to implement the methodology. A word of caution: If the reason you are looking to improve work flow is to find ways to reduce headcount, then this is t the book for you. Instead, if you are looking for a guide that can help you become a strategic partner, administrative expert, employee champion, and change agent, then fasten your seat belts and begin this worthwhile journey.
- Author BiographyDaniel T. Bloom, SPHR, SSBB, SCRP, is the founder and chief executive officer of Daniel Bloom & Associates, Inc. Founded in 1980, DBAI is a Largo, Florida-based human capital consulting firm dedicated to helping clients create strategic, innovative, and aligned organizations. Daniel Bloom is a well-respected author, speaker, and human resource strategist who has worked within a wide variety of industries. He has been an educator, a contingency executive recruiter, a member of a Fortune 1000 divisional HR staff, and the corporate relocation director for several real estate firms in the Tampa Bay area. He is an active member of the HR social media scene since 2006 with contributions to Best Thinking.com, Blogger, WordPress, Human Capital League, and recruiting blogs. He also serves as a moderator of the Lean Six Sigma HR group and a manager of the Brandergy groups on LinkedIn. He is also a frequent contributor to the HR site Hirecentrix. Daniel Bloom has also published two books-Just Get me There in 2005 which is the documented history of the corporate relocation industry and Achieving HR Excellence through Six Sigma published in 2013. He has also written more than 40 articles, which have appeared both in print and online, on various HR issues.
- Author(s)Daniel Bloom
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication13/05/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.09
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.