Just one moment of a child's curiosity can change their life forever....and for Alex it did. The following article appeared in a local newspaper the day after the accident. Improving From Burns Suffered Friday Six-year-old, Alexandra Alex Stayshell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Stayshell, Racine, was in critical condition, but improving, as the result of burns received Friday when a cigarette lighter she was playing with caught her clothing afire. Alex suffered first, second and third degree burns over seventy-five percent of her body. Neighbors said the youngster apparently found and accidentally ignited her clothing with the lighter while her mother, Mae, was in the basement of their Mile Hill Road home. Her brother, AJ, 18, who was in the basement helping his mother in doing the laundry, ran upstairs after hearing Alex scream and smothered the flames. He was also taken to Hazel Hospital and treated for burns to his hands, and released.