All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe present book is a collection of studies presented at the 10th International Conference on Finance and Banking which took place at Silesian University - School of Business Administration in Karvina, Czech Republic on October 19 - 20, 2005. All papers presented at the conference have been peer-reviewed and, consequently, the nine best papers that discuss issues corresponding with the book's focus have been selected by the editors for publication in this book. In spite of the fact that the book is a collection of independent studies it represents a comprehensive and consistent work. All studies (book chapters) are tied together by common references. Through original research, the book will cover various aspects of financial and banking sectors in new EU-member countries, giving a comparison of their development to financial sectors of developed countries. Special attention is paid to prospective integration of the new EU-member countries to the European Ecomic and Monetary Union and the implications for national ecomic policies. Generally, the book we are offering gives very deep insight into the financial sector of new EU-member countries written by a very interesting group of authors. It combines young and promising ecomists with respected researchers living in new as well as in traditional EU countries and working in various ways with the financial sector. The book successfully pulls together theory and actual development of financial sectors in new EU-member countries. Moreover, a rich blend of applied theory and actual practice makes the book attractive for a wide spectrum of readers.
- Author BiographyDaniel Stavarek is Assistant Professor of International Finance and Banking at Silesian University, School of Business Administration in Karvina, Czech Republic. He received a Ph.D. degree from the Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic. His research activities focus on financial sector efficiency as well as exchange rates and foreign exchange markets. Stanislav Poloucek is a Professor of Finance and Head of the Department of Finance at Silesian University, School of Business Administration in Karvina, Czech Republic. He is the chairman of the International Programme Committee of a yearly finance and banking conference that takes place at the Silesian University. His research concentrates on banking sector development in developed as well as transition countries, and monetary theory and policy.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1406 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byDaniel Stavarek,Stanislav Poloucek
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.