All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis adaptation for young readers of The Finest Hours: The True Story of the US Coast Guard's Most Daring Sea Rescue by Michael J. Tougias and Casey Sherman tells the story of the shipwreck of two oil tankers and the harrowing Coast Guard rescue when four men in a tiny lifeboat overcame insurmountable odds and saved more than 30 stranded sailors. Now a major motion picture from Disney, starring Chris Pine and Casey Affleck.On the night of February 18, 1952, during one of the worst winter storms that New England has ever seen, two oil tankers just off the shore of Cape Cod were torn in half. With the storm in full force and waves up to 70 feet high, four coast guardsmen headed out to sea in a tiny lifeboat to come to the rescue. They were the only hope for the stranded sailors. Despite incredible obstacles, these brave men risked their lives, remembering the ufficial Coast Guard motto: You have to go out, but you do t have to come back. This is a fast-paced, uplifting story that puts young readers in the middle of the action. It's a gripping true tale of heroism and survival in the face of the elements.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Tougias is the author of many true rescue stories, including A Storm Too Soon, Overboard!, Fatal Forecast: An Incredible True Tale of Disaster at Sea, and Ten Hours Until Dawn: The True Story of Heroism and Tragedy Aboard the Can Do, which ALA named an Editor's Choice and Booklist praised as the best story of peril at sea since The Perfect Storm. A frequent lecturer on his work, Tougias lives in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Casey Sherman is an award winning journalist and bestselling author of six books including Animal, A Rose for Mary, Bad Blood, Black Irish, and Black Dragon. He received the Edward R. Murrow Award for Journalistic Excellence as a member of the CBS Boston news team, and has been nominated for an Emmy Award. A featured guest on major television networks and news programs, Sherman has lectured at The National Press Club and the US Coast Guard Command Center in Washington, D.C. He lives in Marshfield, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Casey Sherman,Michael Tougias
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication08/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Series TitleTrue Storm Rescues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width132 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.