All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionBurgundy has a far stronger hold over the imagination and passions of wine lovers than the relatively modest number of bottles it produces. Over the centuries, hundreds of plots of vineyard land were demarcated, farmed, and individually named. The monks who did this work ticed that each vineyard had a slightly different character, and that this difference was consistently expressed each year in the wine it produced. Today we call this phemen terroir, and in Burgundy it finds its fullest expression through the region's signature varieties, Chardonnay and Pit Noir. This sumptuously illustrated and beautifully produced guide, complete with maps and more than 150 full-color photographs, leads readers on a journey through the well-worn vineyard paths and into the cellars of the Cote d'Or. Bill Nanson's informative narrative describes the region's vineyards and vintages, as well as the cultural, historical, and personal realities involved in their translation into wine.
- Author BiographyBill Nanson is a chemist by profession, with no connection to the wine trade. For more than 15 years, he has made frequent visits to Burgundy, where he regularly works the vintage. He publishes the Burgundy-Report website, a respected source of independent comment. Jon Wyand is a professional photographer who has specialized in wine for more than 30 years. His work appears frequently in The World of Fine Wine magazine.
- Author(s)Bill Nanson
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication13/02/2012
- Series TitleThe World's Finest Wines
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight914 g
- Width171 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.