All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $32.57Trending at AU $33.46
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.37
- AU $45.16Trending at AU $48.54
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.51
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $12.44
- AU $37.17Trending at AU $38.83
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $14.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe wines of California have a distinctive personality and style, which arise from a culture very different from that of most other wine regions. Whilst the area has abundant sunshine, the unique character of the wines comes from other elements, mainly the maritime influence or the elevation of the vineyards. Californian wines also benefit from the industry's lack of regulation which allows a grower to grow what he wants where he wants and use any grapes he likes. This freedom has led to the swift evolution and diversification of the state's wine industry. Stephen Brook has identified the region's top 90 producers, though the nature of the industry there makes the selection particularly difficult. The author considers quality as the most important but t sole criterion. He looks more indulgently on wineries that make considerable volumes of excellent wine than on boutique operations that do one small thing very well This guide, the fourth in the acclaimed Finest Wines series, from Hugh Johnson's award-winning team, casts a whole new light on the region. Authoritative, bang up-to-date, and brimming with fascinating information, this essential guide is required reading for all wine lovers and makes a handsome present.
- Author BiographyStephen Brook is the author of numerous books on travel, wine and other subjects, as well as an award-winning wine journalist. He has compiled anthologies and written a number of books on wine, especially on the wines of Bordeaux and California -including The Finest Wines of California, published by Aurum. He contributes articles regularly to four international wine magazines, lectures on wine at Christie's Education in London, and is in demand as a guest judge at wine competitions around the world. He lives in London with his wife Maria.
- Author(s)Stephen Brook
- PublisherAurum Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurum Press Ltd
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width165 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.