All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionSelected by Richard Howard from almost one thousand entries, Stephen Yenser's The Fire in All Things is the most recent recipient of the Walt Whitman Award, given annually by The Academy of American Poets to hor an outstanding collection of verse by an American poet who has t previously published a book-length collection. The poems in The Fire in All Things are as intricate as vines that intertwine and twist around the trunk of a tree; yet high though the poems climb, each has its roots in the natural world, and in the heart. Ruins, architectural and emotional, fill these poems even as the language restores itself in puns, internal rhymes, and slant rhymes. The Fire in All Things reveals a poet of mature talent - shrewdly observant of the world around him, possessed of a keen wit and a formidable command of the language.
- Author BiographyStephen Yenser, whose poems have appeared in the Partisan Review, the Nation, the New Yorker, the Yale Review, and other magazines, has been the recipient of two Fulbright teaching fellowships and a Discovery/Nation Poetry Award. A native of Wichita, he is professor of English at the University of California at Los Angeles and the author of The Consuming Myth: The Work of James Merill and Circle to Circle: The Poetry of Robert Lowell.
- Author(s)Stephen Yenser
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1993
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight118 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.