All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionPromote good health and safe practices in your fire department with the simple fitness program outlined in THE FIREFIGHTER'S FITNESS HANDBOOK. Beneficial to the both the individual firefighter, as well as the entire department, this bookprovides a total health evaluation and fitness program designed specifically for firefighters. This book focuses on the special needs of the firefighter and is Built around the joint labor management Wellness-Fitness Initiative (WFI) and compatible with both the NFPA standard 1583, and the 16 Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives. The book begins by covering the stress levels and physical risks inherent to the job itself, then identifies the principles of successful fitness program design tohelp firefighters evaluate their own health and fitness levels and program goals. Proper nutrition, the importance of mental training, and a look at common firefighter injuries illustrates the critical role that physical fitness plays in the success and well-being of our nations firefighters.
- Author BiographyAl Wasser received his M.S. degree from Colorado State University. He is certified as a Strength an Conditioning Specialist and as an American Council on Exercise Gold Certified Personal Trainer. A member of the National Strength & Conditioning Association, Al Wasser is also a Fitness Coordinator for Red Rocks Community College. Andrea Walter is a firefighter/technician with the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and a life member and former officer of the Sterling Volunteer Rescue Squad. She has been active in the fire and emergency services community for over twenty years and has served as the Manager of the Commission on Fire Accreditation International for the International Association of Fire Chiefs, and assisted in a variety of projects with the National Volunteer Fire Council, Women in the Fire Service, and the United States Fire Administration.
- Author(s)Al Wasser,Andrea A. Walter
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication08/03/2009
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight340 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.