All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey helped invent the bar code. They revolutionized business schools and created the corporate practices that w rule our world. McKinsey employees are trusted and distrusted, loved and despised. They are doing behind-the-scenes work for the most powerful people in the world, and their ranks of alumni include the chairman of HSBC and William Hague. Rewned financial journalist Duff McDonald uncovers how these high-priced business savants have ushered in waves of structural, financial, and techlogical shifts but also become mired in controversy across the years. Discover how the firm celebrated Enron's disastrous corporate structure and how they've been instrumental in the government's controversial NHS reforms. Are they worth their astromical fees? And what do firms and governments actually get for their money? Based on exclusive interviews with key McKinsey players and written in gripping prose, this is a revealing window onto one of the most secretive and powerful companies in the world.
- Author BiographyDuff McDonald is a New York-based journalist. A contributing editor at the New York Observer, he has also written for The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, New York, Esquire, Fortune, Business Week, GQ, WIRED, Time, Newsweek, and Conde Nast Portfolio, among other publications. McDonald is a regular and frequent guest commentator on both television and radio, including CNN, CNBC, Fox News, NPR, and Charlie Rose. A dual citizen of Canada and the United States, he lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his daughter, Marguerite.
- Author(s)Duff McDonald
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.