All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe #1 <i>New York Times</i> bestselling authors of <i>The Nanny Diaries</i> return with a convincing portrait of a damaged young woman whose head is turned by the attentions of a dashing and powerful political figure....An utterly absorbing page-turner (<i>Booklist</i>). <i>I was twenty-two years old only three weeks out of college. </i><i>I thought my whole life was beginning...then he kissed me.</i> Jamie McAlister has resigned herself to the fact that in this job market, her painfully expensive degree might only get her a position at Starbucks, when she suddenly lands a prestigious internship at the White House. Although she doesn't hit it off with the other interns--who come from so much money that ten weeks without a paycheck doesn't faze them--she is eager to work hard and make the best of the opportunity while it lasts. An unexpected encounter late one evening with the charismatic President Gregory Rutland seems like just a fleeting flirtation, but when he orchestrates clandestine meetings and late-night phone calls, their relationship quickly escalates. Jamie kws what she is doing is wrong: he's married, he has kids, he's the President. Yet each time she tries to extricate herself, Greg pulls her back in. With the conflicted desires of the most powerful man in the world driving her to her breaking point, Jamie can't help but divulge intimate details to those closest to her. But she must have confided in the wrong person, because she soon finds herself, and everyone she cares about, facing calculated public destruction at the hands of Greg's political enemies, and--perhaps matter how much he cares about her--at the hands of Greg himself.
- Author BiographyEmma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus are the <i>New York Times </i>bestselling authors of <i>The Nanny Diaries</i>, <i>Citizen Girl</i>, <i>Dedication</i>, <i> Nanny Returns</i>, and their young adult novels, <i>The Real Real </i>and <i>Over You</i>. They work together in New York City. For more information visit EmmaAndNicola.com.
- Author(s)Emma McLaughlin,Nicola Kraus
- PublisherWashington Square Press
- Date of Publication24/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWashington Square Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.