All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new translation of the classic 1932 Dictionary by Dr Richard Sterba, for which Freud wrote a Preface praising the precision and correctness of Sterba's work and calling it a fine achievement .The dictionary is t only an important source of information about psychoanalysis in Vienna in the 1930s but is also an insight into its author, as movingly attested by the 'Epilogue' to this edition written by his daughter Verena Sterba Michels, son-in-law Robert Michels, and grand-daughter Katherine J. Michels.This new edition also includes a transcript of an interview with Dr Sterba by Dr William Langford, Chairman of the Department of Child Psychiatry at the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Author BiographyA native of Vienna, Richard Sterba received his MD from the University of Vienna Medical School in 1923. He was a member of the first class to receive psychoanalytic training at the Vienna Psychoanalytic Institute and was a training analyst there for ten years. He relocated to Detroit in 1939, where he became a practicing psychoanalyst.
- Author(s)Richard Sterba
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication19/07/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe International Psychoanalytical Association International Psychoanalysis Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight386 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byPeter T. Hoffer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.