All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1994, the Cave of Chauvet-Pont-d'Arc was discovered, filled with the oldest kwn drawings in existence at that time, made 30,000 years ago. In that same cave, prehistoric footprints were discovered: those of an 8-year-old child and a wolf. From these astonishing facts, THE FIRST DRAWING was born. In this beautiful picture book, Caldecott Medal-winning author/illustrator Mordicai Gerstein imagines one possible way drawing was invented. The young boy that stars in this story has such a vivid imagination that he sees images everywhere - clouds, stones and smoke look like animals to him. His parents, however, don't share his enthusiasm and wish he would be more down to earth. However the boy cant contain his enthusiasm and one night grabs a smoky stick and traces the image he sees on a cave wall. Lo and behold: the world's first drawing. The First Drawing is a story sure to inspire any artist, young or old, as well as anyone with a dream to do something new and different.
- Author BiographyMordicai Gerstein was awarded the 2004 Caldecott Medal for The Man Who Walked Between the Towers. How to Paint the Portrait of a Bird was an ALA Notable book. He lives in Northampton, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Mordicai Gerstein
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown Young Readers
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout
- Weight454 g
- Width225 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.18Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.