All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe first few minutes of a film orient the viewer, offering cues for a richer, more nuanced reading. Working with this premise, this book provides insight into the history of Spanish language film and an enhanced understanding of the Spanish/Hispanic can commonly taught in film courses. The author explores El espiritu de la colmena (1973), La historia oficial (1985), Fresa y chocolate (1994), El crimen del padre Amaro (2002), Abre los ojos (1997), Te doy mis ojos (2003) and Carlos Saura's flamenco trilogy-Bodas de sangre (1981), Carmen (1983) and El amor bru (1986), among others.
- Author BiographyRichard K. Curry is a professor in the Department of Hispanic Studies at Texas A & M University, USA where he was the longtime Director of Undergraduate Studies. The co-editor of two scholarly journals, Hispanic Poetry Review and Cine y... , he is the author of books, articles, and papers on language, film, poetry, culture, and pedagogy.
- Author(s)Richard K. Curry
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2017
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.