All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe establishment of the International Criminal Court (ICC) gave rise to the first permanent Office of the Prosecutor (OTP), with independent powers of investigation and prosecution. Elected in 2003 for a nine-year term as the ICC's first Prosecutor, Luis More Ocampo established policies and practices for when and how to investigate, when to pursue prosecution, and how to obtain the cooperation of sovereign nations. He laid a foundation for the OTP's involvement with the United Nations Security Council, state parties, ngovernmental organizations, victims, the accused, witnesses, and the media. This volume of essays presents the first sustained examination of this unique office and offers a rare look into international justice. The contributors, ranging from legal scholars to practitioners of international law, explore the spectrum of options available to the OTP, the particular choices More Ocampo made, and issues ripe for consideration as his successor, Fatou B. Bensouda, assumes her duties. The beginning ofBensouda's term thus offers the perfect opportunity to examine the first Prosecutor's singular efforts to strengthen international justice, in all its facets.
- Author BiographyMartha Minow is the Dean and Jeremiah Smith, Jr. Professor of Law at Harvard Law School, USA. C. Cora True-Frost is Assistant Professor Law at the Syracuse University College of Law, USA. Alex Whiting is the Prosecution Coordinator in the Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court.
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleLaw, Meaning & Violence
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note2 figures, 5 tables
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAlex Whiting,C. Cora True-Frost,Martha Minow
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.