Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.07
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.32
About this product
- DescriptionWhether living in a rectory, manse or parsonage, life married to a small town minister calls for faith, hope, and charity; plus heaping helpings of tact and the skin of a rhiceros. New to this life in the small coastal town of Banch, Oregon, Naidenne Davidson turns for support to her fellow ministers' wives of The First Ladies Club. The women share sympathy, friendship and tips on dealing with difficult church members, but when tall, shapely Naidenne catches the eye of an escaped killer, the Club goes beyond mere friendship. Step into the quaint parlor of the drafty Banch Community Fellowship parsonage, nibble a Snickerdoodle, sip your tea from a chipped china cup and share the adventure. A few scenes may be too intense for a traditional cozy, but never fear, Gentle Reader, evil is vanquished and good will prevail. Part-time realtor and full-time pastor's wife, Naidenne Davidson, is too busy coping with life in a small town church parsonage to think about her beauty, let alone imagine what sort of jealousy, envy or desire she is inspiring in the hearts of those around her. Distracted by efforts to fulfill her new duties as unpaid pastoral assistant, Naidenne is caught off guard and match for the sociopathic killer who abducts her, bent on living out his basest desires. After two suspicious deaths and three disappearances in the small seaside community, law enforcement officials concentrate their suspicions on Naidenne's husband, Scott. Have the pressures of the pastorate driven Scott to do something terrible? Or are the authorities wasting precious time, with Naidenne's life hanging in the balance? When even members of Scott's congregation begin to wonder about his guilt, can Naidenne's friends in the First Ladies Club, help? Can these women of diverse deminations, ethnicity, cultures and ages put aside their differences and work in harmony to find her? Old friend, Bunny Elder Banks, arrives from Texas to join the search, but is it already too late?
- Author BiographyAfter twenty years serving small churches from Alaska to South Dakota as a pastor's wife, J.B. returned to her California roots to start over in mid-life as a single business woman, conference speaker and author. J.B. has published many articles on faith and ministry. Hollow, her first published fiction was a winner of the BRAG Medallion Award. J.B. has three grown sons. Her oldest, the father of her three beautiful granddaughters, lives in northern Italy, the setting of the second book in the four book series featuring the on-going adventures of Bunny Elder.
- Author(s)J B Hawker
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.