All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the little-kwn Filibuster Wars to the Civil War battlefield of Gaines' Mill, this volume details the unique and fascinating story of one of the South's most colorful military units, the 1st Louisiana Special Battalion aka Wheat's Tigers. Beginning with a brief look at the Filibuster Wars (a set of military attempts to annex Latin American countries into the U.S. as slave states), the work takes a close look at the men who comprised Wheat's Tigers: Irish immigrant ship hands, New Orleans' dock workers and Filibuster veterans.
- Author BiographyAuthor and historian Gary Schreckengost lives in Lititz, Pennsylvania. An infantry officer in the Army Reserves, his work has been published in American Civil War Magazine, World War II Magazine, Field Artillery Journal and Armor Magazine.
- Author(s)Gary Schreckengost
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication24/12/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Out-of-print date25/05/2017
- Content Notemaps, notes, bibliography, index
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.