CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout antiquity Egypt was a land of hundreds of tiny villages, with constantly warring tribes, loosely divided between Upper and Lower Egypt. Then, in the space of a few extraordinary decades, the impossible happened. An incredible man, King Narmer (also kwn as Menes), united Upper and Lower Egypt. The First Pharaoh is the story of Narmer and his epic journey, seen through his eyes and those of his Chief Scribe, the shaman Anhotek. We experience the culture Narmer lived in and shaped, the battles he fought to unite his people, the woman he loved and nearly lost, the enemies even in his own court who plotted against him, and his many successes and painful failures. Above all, we see how Narmer's loving relationship with Anhotek defined his personal vision for his country and its people. Written on a huge tapestry, The First Pharaoh allows us to share Narmer's far-reaching visions for Egypt's future that were so compelling and that ultimately proved so enduring. The First Pharaoh tells the inspiring story of the mythic journey of the visionary hero, through obstacles and triumphs, wars and peace, love and hate, to launch the greatest civilization ever to appear on earth.
- Author BiographyAs a journalist, Les Picker has cruised on a nuclear attack submarine deep in the Pacific Ocean and has climbed the highest peak in the Pyrenes. He has withstood -50-degree Fahrenheit temperatures photographing in the Arctic and survived +120-degree Fahrenheit temperatures living with a Bedouin tribe in Egypt's Eastern desert. He was nearly bitten by a sea lion in the Galapagos (never stand between a mother and her pup while photographing!) and was chased by a 16-foot alligator in South Africa. His tripod and camera were carried off into the Arctic tundra by a curious Grizzly. Les has more than 600 writing and photo credits in publications that include National Geographic, Better Homes & Gardens, Forbes, Time, Inc., Money, and dozens of others. In 2011 Les was named Best Travel Photographer in the prestigious Canada Northern Lights Award. While a well-known travel writer and photographer, Les' true passion is his fiction writing. He has written two works of historical fiction and two of general fiction. www.lesterpicker.com.
- Author(s)Lester Picker
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.