All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe First World War was the world's first 'total war'. Although large-scale wars like the Napoleonic wars had ranged across many territories, the scale of the First World War was unprecedented. It was also the first war between modern, industrialised nations and mechanised warfare saw new and terrifying weapons deployed for the first time, including airplanes, tanks, zeppelins, giant warships and poison gas. Now, on the verge of the centenary of the start of the First World War, this fact-packed information book relates the unfolding events and the human stories in a way that brings history vividly to life.
- Author BiographyJohn Malam is a children's author specializing in non-fiction. He has written more than 200 books including many history titles. John is a National Literacy Trust Reading Champion, recognised for his work in encouraging reading amongst young people, particularly boys. He has a background in history and archaeology and lives in Cheshire, England.
- Author(s)John Malam
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Kids
- Content Noteapprox 30 colour & 120 b&w photographs
- Weight680 g
- Width289 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Interest Age8+
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.38
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.