All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 25 million Americans and 92 million worldwide suffer from liver disease and cirrhosis, a degenerative and potentially fatal condition in which liver cells are damaged and then replaced by scar tissue, impeding liver function. The disease is most commonly caused by excessive alcohol consumption, hepatitis, or complications from prescription drugs. Immediately after his diagsis, James Dickerson set out to educate himself on all of his options -- and found there is hope for recovery. Now, he offers The First Year: Cirrhosis, the first guide for patients and their families to understanding and managing this chronic condition. In clear, accessible language, the book walks readers step-by-step through everything they need to do each day of the first week after a cirrhosis diagsis, each subsequent week of the first month, and the following eleven months of the crucial first year. From understanding causes to coping with complications, The First Year: Cirrhosis provides medically-sound, empathetic guidance. The book includes advice on treating symptoms, extending longevity, managing stress, and getting the best care possible for anyone affected by this condition.
- Author BiographyJames L. Dickerson is the founder of Sartoris Literary Group and is the author of 20 nonfiction books. He was diagnosed with cryptogenic cirrhosis in 2005. He lives in Brandon, Mississippi. Fredric Regenstein, MD is chief of clinical hepatology at the Tulane University Medical Center and co-director of the Transplant Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Author(s)James L. Dickerson
- PublisherMarlowe & Co
- Date of Publication09/10/2006
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleThe First Year
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarlowe & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byFredric Regenstein
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.