All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHomeschool the right way from day one.Are you considering homeschooling for your family? Today, many parents recognize that their child's school options are limited, inadequate, or even dangerous, and an increasing number are turning to homeschooling. But where do you start and how do you ensure the highest-quality educational experience, especially in that pivotal first year?This comprehensive guide will help you determine the appropriate first steps, build your own educational philosophy, and discover the best ways to cater to your child's specific learning style, including: .When, why, and how to get started .The best ways to develop an effective curriculum, assess your child's progress, and navigate local regulations .Kid-tested and parent-approved learning activities for all age levels .Simple strategies for developing an independent child and strengthening family and social relationships .And much, much more! To the thousands of requests we receive for help from families new to homeschooling, we will w recommend this warm and kwledgeable book. It will ensure that all families make it to the second year including yours! Elizabeth Kanna, editor in chief, Homeschool.com Linda Dobson addresses all the issues facing parents as they consider the task of homeschooling over other educational options. Those who wonder whether they really can or want to do the job will find unique perspectives in this well-researched work. Beverly K. Eakman, author and cofounder, National Education Consortium
- Author BiographyLinda Dobson, author of Homeschooling: The Early Years, The Homeschooling Book of Answers, and The Art of Education, is the news editor and columnist for Home Education Magazine. She is also a member of the National Home Education Network. The mother of three homeschooled children, she lives in Rainbow Lake, New York.
- Author(s)Linda Dobson
- PublisherPrima Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationRocklin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrima Lifestyles
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight587 g
- Width190 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.