All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSHORTLISTED FOR THE WAINWRIGHT PRIZE 2016 LONGLISTED FOR THE GUARDIAN FIRST BOOK AWARD 2015 TELEGRAPH BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR 2015 Katharine Norbury was abandoned as a baby in a Liverpool convent. Raised by loving adoptive parents, she grew into a wanderer, drawn by the beauty of the British countryside. One summer, following the miscarriage of a much-longed-for child, Katharine and her nine-year-old daughter Evie decide to follow a river from the sea to its source. But a chance circumstance forces Katharine to the door of the woman who gave her up all those years ago. Combining travelogue, memoir, exquisite nature writing, fragments of poetry and tales from Celtic mythology, The Fish Ladder is a captivating and life-affirming story about motherhood, marriage, family, and self-discovery, illuminated by the extraordinary majesty of the natural world.
- Author BiographyKatharine Norbury trained as a film editor with the BBC and has worked extensively in film and television drama. She is a graduate of the Creative Writing MA programme at UEA. The Fish Ladder is her first book. It was longlisted for the Guardian First Book Award and was a Telegraph Best Book of the Year 2015. Katharine was chosen as the Observer's Rising Star in non-fiction for 2015. She lives in London with her family. @kjnorbury
- PrizesShortlisted for Wainwright Prize 2016.
- Author(s)Katharine Norbury
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight217 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.