All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fish Net Experience chronicles the musical and spiritual adventures of jazz musician Ronnie Self, who experiences tremendous career success at the Grace Hotel, but faces temptations and worry that go with the territory-primarily orchestrated by a sinister being from ather dimension. Riding a roller coaster from lows of waking up to puke to highs of critical and financial acclaim, Self journeys from a life centered around himself to discovering a new life, awash in grace. Relationship disasters, unconditional forgiveness, good news that changes everything, and unexpected revelation punctuate The Fish Net Experience of Ronnie Self, Mysty Lyle, Jack Grace, Smiley Jackamouski, and a group of eclectic musicians and college professors, who come to realize you can't pay for grace.
- Author BiographyPaul Gray has a multi-dimensional career history, spanning from night-club owner to pastor. A 1969 graduate of Kansas University, Gray founded and led his jazz group, the Gaslite Gang, to decades of success including recording, national television performances, weekly radio shows, and touring from coast to coast. When not traveling, the band played at Paul Gray's Jazz Place, which also hosted internationally known jazz artists. Gray owned and operated five retail music stores, was a highly decorated and accomplished National Guard and Army Reserve Bandmaster for 24 years, and owned a long-distance telephone company. While playing five nights a week for three years at the Vista Hotel in downtown Kansas City, Gray came to realize that his business and musical pursuits had left him spiritually empty. He started getting to know Jesus Christ simply by reading a Bible and asking God to speak to him. In the course of a few years he became a music minister/evangelism pastor at an established church, and a few years later-with the help of a few friends-started Heartland Community Church in Lawrence, Kansas. That church was the second member of the Willow Creek Association. The church started a medical clinic for homeless individuals that eventually grew to become The LEO Center, which provided thousands of patient visits each year, biblical counseling, financial assistance, and a food pantry for those in need. Gray was the founding CEO of The LEO Center and eventually was part of the team that started another clinic, the New Hope Medical Ministry. In 2009, Gray embarked on a journey of learning about and teaching the Finished Work Of Jesus Christ. As a result of that process, the church changed its name to New Life In Christ-A Community of Grace. Gray continues to play trumpet and trombone and sing in jazz settings and can regularly be found at various settings in Lawrence, Kansas, sharing the Good News of the New Covenant of the Grace of Jesus Christ with friends. He also continues to be the lead pastor of New Life In Christ-A Community of Grace.
- Author(s)Paul Gray
- PublisherFish Net Experience, Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFish Net Experience, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.