All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn order to master Taijiquan you must begin with the most fundamental steps, and systematically work up to the advanced levels, slowly building up your kwledge and technique as you go. This book explains the five levels of Taijiquan from complete beginner to highest level practitioner. Presenting a word for word translation, with commentary, of Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang's original Chinese text, Master Jan Silberstorff provides detailed guidance through each of the five levels. Readers will learn how to assess their current Taiijiquan ability and identify exactly what is needed to reach the next level and ultimately the highest goal - the perfection of Taiji, or reaching a complete state of being. This is an accessible and motivational book for all Taijiquan students and practitioners, as well as anyone wishing to gain a deeper understanding of the ancient art of Taijiquan.
- Author BiographyGrandmaster Chen Xiaowang is the 19th generation lineage holder of Chen Family Taijiquan. He is an official national treasure of China and he conducts seminars all year round across the globe. Together with Jan Silberstorff he founded the World Chen Xiaowang Taijiquan Association (WCTA) in 1994 which is the largest Chen style Taijiquan organisation in the world. Master Jan Silberstorff became the first Western indoor student and family disciple of Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang in 1993 and now teaches in 15 countries around the world as a 20th generation successor of the Chen family. Jan co-founded the WCTA and is the leader of the German section. He has also recently founded sections in Brazil and Chile. In 2009 he founded a charity organisation called WCTAGhilft, which is helping 170 children in need in Sri Lanka and Brazil. He is a champion of many Taijiquan tournaments in both Europe and China, and has published books, articles, DVDs, and produced TV series on Taijiquan. Jan is fluent in Chinese having lived in China for many years. He now lives in Germany and Brazil.
- Author(s)Chen Xiaowang
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- LanguageChinese & English
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note20 black and white
- Weight172 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byChristina Schulz
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.