All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by the legendary swordsman Musashi Miyamoto, The Five Rings (c.1645) is more than just a manual on sword-fighting techniques: its Zen philosophy offers tactics and strategies as relevant to personal success today as they were to 17th-century samurai. The Five Rings speaks to every age about the essential roles of harmony and self-mastery in our lives. Of the many translations of The Five Rings, David K. Groff's translation background as a long-time resident of Japan, native-level fluency of Japanese, and an accomplished martial arts study means that he is uniquely suited for translating Musashi Miamoto's message. This message offers an engaging teaching to those who are involved with martial arts, military strategy, corporate hierarchy, and all who seek a model for personal development in a straight-forward and unpretentious way.In addition to The Five Rings, this beautiful volume includes two additional short texts by Miyamoto: Thirty-Five Articles on Strategy and The Path Walked Alone.
- Author BiographyVery little remains of Miamoto Musashi except Five Rings and a few letters he exchanged, but it's enough to keep his legacy alive.David K. Groff is an aficionado of Japanese culture. Currently residing in Japan, he enjoys poetry when he's not channeling Miyamoto.
- Author(s)Miyamoto Musashi
- PublisherChartwell Books
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChartwell Books
- Weight953 g
- Width157 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byDavid K Groff
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.