All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRewned leading intellectual Paul Berman conducts a searing examination into current intellectual trends, showing how some of the West's' best thinkers have fumbled badly in their efforts to grapple with Islamic ideas and how journalists have been reluctant to deal seriously with Islamist ideas and violence. In examining the legacy of these political traditions, Berman makes a striking contribution to the central debates about the Islamist movement and the reluctance of Western journalists and intellectuals to deal with the issues at hand.
- Author BiographyPaul Berman is the author of A Tale of Two Utopias, The New York Times bestseller Terror and Liberalism, and Power and the Idealists. He writes for The New Republic, The New York Times Book Review, and The New York Times Magazine. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Paul Berman
- PublisherMelville House Publishing
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMelville House Publishing
- Weight284 g
- Width127 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.