All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.43
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
About this product
- DescriptionIn this action-packed tech-thriller, a routine computer cleanup sets off an electrifying quest for an enigmatic--and deadly--treasure. After selling his dorm-room startup for millions and effectively retiring at the age of twenty-five, Alex Fife is eager for a new challenge. When he agrees to clean up an old PC as a favor, he never expects to find the adventure of a lifetime waiting for him inside the machine. But as he rummages through old emails, Alex stumbles upon a startling discovery: The previous owner, a shady antiques smuggler, had been trying to unload a mysterious object kwn as the Florentine on the black market. And with the dealer's untimely passing, the Florentine is w unaccounted for and ripe for the taking. Alex dives headfirst into a hunt for the priceless object. What starts out as a seemingly incuous pursuit quickly devolves into a nightmare when Alex discovers the true techlogical nature of the Florentine. Not just a lost treasure, it's something far more insidious: a weapon that could bring the developed world to its knees. Alex races through subterranean grottos, freezing morgues, and hidden cellars in the dark underbelly of Los Angeles, desperate to find the Florentine before it falls into the wrong hands. Because if nefarious forces find it first, there'll be thing Alex--or anyone else--can do to prevent a catastrophic attack. Leading security specialist Carey Nachenberg delivers expert technical details in this gripping, highly entertaining cyber thrill ride--perfect for fans of Neal Stephenson and William Gibson.
- Author BiographyCarey Nachenberg is a leading cyber security expert and a co-inventor of Norton Antivirus, the world's most popular computer security product. Nachenberg was named one of Computerworld magazine's 40 Under 40: 40 Innovative IT People to Watch, and was awarded the Wall Street Journal's 2010 Technology Innovation Award for his innovations in the security field. Nachenberg holds a master's degree in computer science from UCLA, where he continues to serve as an adjunct assistant professor. In his free time, he enjoys rock climbing at the local crags with students and friends. He lives in Southern California.
- Author(s)Carey Nachenberg
- PublisherOpen Road Media Mystery & Thri
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Mystery & Thri
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.