Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionFirst came the pangs of the Great Depression, and then World War II followed on its heels. These events shaped the direction of author Adrian Dekievit's life, which was by means smooth. Born during the Great Depression in Holland, he experienced a lifetime of hardships. In this memoir, the third in a series, he speci cally recalls the postwar years that were as meager as the previous ones-coping with shortages and rationing. The Fluke begins as Dekievit is about to enter adulthood, trying to land a job as a motor mechanic at a time when vehicles were scarce. He tells detailed stories of his life in Holland both working and living and falling in love. The Fluke narrates Dekievit's journey from Holland to Canada to escape a housing shortage to start a new life with his wife. There, after a few years, his luck changed, and his foray into the business world became a success. In this chronicle, Dekievit demonstrates how the hardships he experienced in his young life prepared him well for all the challenges he faced as he fought for niche in a hostile world.
- Author(s)Adrian Dekievit
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1166 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.